Zermatt, under the shadow of the mighty Matterhorn, is one of Europe’s best ski areas. Linked to Cervinia, just over the border in Italy, Zermatt offers over 300km of pistes. With 71 lifts to choose from, you will be spoiled for choice whatever your ability. Throw in a world-class terrain park and pipe and you realize Zermatt is truly a top resort.
Off the piste, Zermatt is a relaxed, and traditional resort, this is helped by being a car-free resort, the roads only occupied by electric taxis or horse drawn sleighs. The town offers a fantastic selection of restaurants, and the nightlife is also very good.
Zermatt is a pretty resort, and has a fantastic selection of catered and self catered luxury ski chalets.
WHY WE LIKE ZERMATT
- A great ski domain, which is well linked, and offers something for everyone.
- Some of the best mountain restaurants in the alps
- Plenty for non skiers to do
- Resort Altitude: 1,620 meters
- Number of Lifts: 71
- Km of piste: 313
- Highest lift: 3,820 meters