Saas Fee oozes Swiss charm and the setting is stunning – spectacular glaciers and 4000m peaks surround the place. And good snow is guaranteed, even late in the season: the altitude you spend most of your time at – between 2500m and 3500m – is unrivalled in the Alps. This said, advanced skiers may find the pistes a little limiting, and repetitive come the end of a week’s skiing.
The resort itself is car-free, apart from horse-drawn sleighs and small electric vehicles, which gives it a relaxed atmosphere. There are a variety of bars, restaurants and shops in the town, and whilst built in the traditional style, has a modern feel to it.
WHY WE LIKE SAAS FEE
- Snow-sure resort due to the high altitude.
- Alpine charm and car-free resort.
- Good variety of activities for non skiers.
- Resort Altitude: 1,800 meters
- Number of lifts: 36
- Km of piste: 100
- Highest lift: 3,600 meters