Morzine combines the bustle of a busy, vibrant town with some of the finest skiing in Europe, and as such is a hugely popular place to ski.
The resort itself is extremely picturesque, thanks to a lovely location along the dramatic River Dranse, and its northerly location (only an hour or so from Geneva) makes it great for short transfers and self-drive trips.
Morzine is one of the main hub towns in the Portes du Soleil ski area. This is a vast ski area, with 12 resorts in 2 countries, 650km of pistes and a whopping 212 lifts in total.
WHY WE LIKE MORZINE
- Access to the vast Portes du Soleil ski area.
- Unspoilt by tourism, and maintains its french charm.
- Close to Geneva, meaning short transfer times.
- Resort Altitude: 1,000 meters
- Number of Lifts: 212
- Km of piste: 650
- Highest lift: 2,466 meters