LUXURY CHALETS IN CHATEL
An old Savoyard village with a long farming tradition and today a strong tourism infrastructure, Chatel is well placed on the Portes du Soleil circuit, arguably the world’s biggest lift-linked ski area offering 650km (406 miles) of piste. Summit Retreats are pleased to be able to present one of the best chalets in Chatel.
Skiing in Chatel is divided into two parts. Firstly, Super Chatel, offers the best skiing for beginners and links with Torgon, and Morgins and Champoussin over the Swiss border; and Linga, where most of the slopes face north and so keep their snow longer, from here, or a little further along the valley at Pre la Joux, it is easy to ski to Avoriaz.
With a good selection of bars and restaurants, and a good après ski atmosphere, a holiday in one of the best chalets in Chatel is great for everyone.
WHY WE LIKE CHATEL
• Access to the vast Portes du Soleil ski area.
• Unspoilt by tourism, and maintains its french charm.
• Close to Geneva, meaning short transfer times.
- Resort Altitude: 1,200 meters
- Number of Lifts: 212 (Portes du Soleil)
- Km of piste: 650 (Portes du Soleil)
- Highest Lift: 2,350