One of the world’s most visited natural sites, the Chamonix valley is located at the foot of the Mont-Blanc, Europe’s highest summit at 4810m.
The resort is a year-round sightseeing destination thanks to its fantastic environment and major attractions such as the Aiguille du Midi cable car and the red cog-wheel train of Montenvers which climbs to the famous Mer de Glace. Registered on the world heritage list, Chamonix, the birthplace of mountaineering, is considered the grand old lady of alpine resorts.
Chamonix boasts a superb snow record, a long season, unrivalled off-piste skiing, and views to die for. Chamonix is renowned as having some of the most challenging and exhilarating skiing available anywhere in the world.
WHY WE LIKE CHAMONIX
- One of the largest, and most varied ski area.
- World renowned for its fantastic off-piste skiing.
- Lively après ski fun.
- Some of the most aesthetic scenery in the Alps.
- Resort Altitude: 1,035 meters
- Number of Lifts: 100
- Km of piste: 400
- Highest lift: 3,842 meters